DAS ZWERGGECKO-FORUM

Das Forum für alle Arten, die nicht nur klein sind, sondern oft auch noch zu kurz kommen
Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 11:15

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 08.11.2012, 06:31 

Hello again,

My L. williamsi group has been producing eggs regulary, but it is not until recently that I realized that these should be incubated at 21-23 degrees in order to hatch out females. I now have 7 eggs in a temporary hatcher (basically room temperature but with some isolation), but the temperature has dropped down to 19,5-20 degrees during night lately. Is this TOO low? Like dangerously low? Normal daytime temp there is about 21 degrees these days (waiting for the thermostat to arrive out of Taiwan...) Does anyone have experience with hatching out williamsi females here? How long does it take at these low temperatures?

The current setup for the 1.2 is this:
Bild

Cheers,
Martin

BeitragVerfasst: 08.11.2012, 21:32 
Hi Martin,

Some of my Lygodactylus williamsi are incubated at 23 degrees. In the night tempertures went down to 19 degrees. It took up to 92 days till they hatched. I thought the eggs weren't fertilised but I decided to let them in the tank. One day a little gecko hatched. On the nex day the other one. The next pair of eggs are incubated at nearly the same conditions. The hatched at day 85 and 87. All four geckos are ok and growing.
I don't know about their gender yet, but I will tell you about.

Marco

BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2012, 09:28 

Allright!

Thank you. I was afraid 19 might be too low, but then there is still hope. I think the mean temp is around 20 now, but hopefully that only means that they have to incubate a bit longer...

Cheers,
Martin

BeitragVerfasst: 26.04.2013, 06:25 

Two of the eggs from the end of September-2012 hatched this week, after about 7months :shock: at 18-22 degrees.

Both looking healthy and strong. Also had another one hatching on this temp, but that was only 3-4 months.

How did it go with yours Marco?

Cheers,
Martin

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde