DAS ZWERGGECKO-FORUM

Das Forum für alle Arten, die nicht nur klein sind, sondern oft auch noch zu kurz kommen
Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024, 06:25

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 16.07.2009, 11:19 

Hello guys,

I take up my previous thread concerning the egg laying places. Since that time I use recommended ligneous herbal stems and must say that they really work very well - e.g. for my caudiscutatus female.

However, my fuscus “worthy mother” refuses these offered laying places obstinately ;) and she buries her eggs into substrate all the time. I have found some of her laid eggs by chance time ago but later I have resigned and started catching of newly hatched neonates directly in her terrarium. It was also not so easy task due to their relatively small size and pretty overgrown terrariums.

Therefore, I hung tentatively one mini-orchid on terrarium flat pressed cork wall just very close to one front sliding door this April. There is only small slot between pendent pad of orchid and tabular cork wall allowing just neonate hiding.

It is interesting that even if there are more similar orchids located on back wall though all 5 or 6 newly hatched fuscus neonates were found and easy catched just under this one mini-orchid pad since April. I ascribe this experience to the fact that small neonates do not like too over planted and broken terrarium terrain tenanted by their parents. On the contrary, very shy parents do not like the areas close to terrarium front side the neonates can occupy in quiet.

That is all as for my latest experiences maybe somebody of you can take advantage of it.

Regards,
Radim :)

P.S. Even if behind time I would like to wish all the best to Sacha on the occasion of his “round” birthday.

BeitragVerfasst: 27.07.2009, 12:59 

Hello!
Can you put a picture from the animal in this Thread?

greeting

Julian

BeitragVerfasst: 09.08.2009, 13:23 

Julian,

being back from my holiday I enclose two related pictures you asked for. The first one shows mini orchid in question my fuscus neonates hide behind. On the second picture I took my fuscus female named “worthy mother” in my previous post.

Regards,
Radim

Mini orchid hanging on wall
Bild

Gonatodes albogularis fuscus female
Bild

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde