DAS ZWERGGECKO-FORUM

Das Forum für alle Arten, die nicht nur klein sind, sondern oft auch noch zu kurz kommen
Aktuelle Zeit: 20.04.2024, 13:44

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Making a kimhowelli pair a trio?
BeitragVerfasst: 16.02.2010, 14:42 

Hello Everyone,

I have currently a pair of Kimhowelli in a vivarium measuring 45x40x50. I would like to add another female in, but I am worried since the pair have been in there a little over two months now that there will be bad fights.

Is this something that will go smoothly where I can just add the female, or will it be like with phelsuma where I should catch the pair, change somethings in the tank then add all of them back in?

Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache, seid bitte nett! : P

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Making a kimhowelli pair a trio?
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2010, 18:27 

Hello,
well, you never know for 100%, but ... I did the same with my L.kimhowelli as well as with my L.williamsi.
Of course, the dominant female Lygodactylus ran after the newcomer and chased her. However, if there's enough food, shelter and hiding place, according to my experience the Lygos get along fine with each other after a few days. Nevertheless, the first-aid terrarium is a "must" in case things don't work out fine.
My two female L.kimhowelli even lay their eggs nearly on the same day, so that there are up to 4 babies within one or two days.
Keep my fingers crossed for you!
Michael

Lygodactylus williamsi, Lygodactylus conraui, Gonatodes ceciliae, Gonatodes caudiscutatus, Gonatodes antillensis, Gonatodes concinnatus, Spaerodactylus fantasticus fuga

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Making a kimhowelli pair a trio?
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2010, 19:48 

Michel14 hat geschrieben:
Hello,
well, you never know for 100%, but ... I did the same with my L.kimhowelli as well as with my L.williamsi.
Of course, the dominant female Lygodactylus ran after the newcomer and chased her. However, if there's enough food, shelter and hiding place, according to my experience the Lygos get along fine with each other after a few days. Nevertheless, the first-aid terrarium is a "must" in case things don't work out fine.
My two female L.kimhowelli even lay their eggs nearly on the same day, so that there are up to 4 babies within one or two days.
Keep my fingers crossed for you!
Michael

Hello Michael,

Perfect as tomorrow is the next feeding day. :D I will catch her first thing in the morning and introduce her and see how things go. :)

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Maureen

Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache, seid bitte nett! : P

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde