DAS ZWERGGECKO-FORUM

Das Forum für alle Arten, die nicht nur klein sind, sondern oft auch noch zu kurz kommen
Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024, 07:44

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 24.03.2014, 22:22 
Hallo Zusammen,

Da meine Gonatoden wirklich starke Häutungsprobleme haben (hab sie so geschenkt bekommen..)und ich schon viele versucht habe, wollte ich Karottensaft versuchen..
Ich dachte, ich fülle einen Flaschendeckel Bio-Karottensaft (Mit Fruchtsäften und Agavendicksaft.. Ist das ok?) pro 1/2l Sprühwasser und sprühe damit..
Genügt 1x sprühen mit diesem Gemisch?
Ist das der richtige Saft?

Grüsse,
Tim Heller

BeitragVerfasst: 25.03.2014, 07:22 
Super Idee, sofern du dein Terrarium in ein müffelndes, mit Schimmelrasen übersähtes Loch verwandeln willst! :roll:

BeitragVerfasst: 25.03.2014, 09:23 

Hi Tim,

Carrot Juice can help yes, but you only want to offer it to the gecko and not spray the terrarium with it.

However I would more be concerned why your Gonatodes is having this issue in the first place, carrot juice is only a temporary solution. You need to correct the problem for the long term. If you follow all of the advice on the main part of the website you should not be seeing problems like this in your animal. Since you are seeing problems, most probably there is a temperature or diet issue going on.

Can you describe how warm the terrarium is, including the humidity?
Also what are you feeding the gecko?

Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache, seid bitte nett! : P

BeitragVerfasst: 25.03.2014, 19:36 
Hi Maureen, Hi Jens,

So should I put one cup of carrot juice in each tank?

I think, they have shedding problems, because the place, where I got them from, was a bit too dry..
At the moment, they are in quarantine..

I have to measure the temps but I spray daily.
I'm feeding crickets, but I'm going to feed Fire brats, because the crickets hide too soon..
I feed the crickets with oatmeals or carrot..

I have an off-topic question..
I stored some earth air-proof for some days and today I wanted to fill in this earth and it smelled like bad eggs.. First I thought this smell is going to disappear but after reading some on the internet I removed the earth out of my room and opened the windows.. I read that this smell came from chemic hydrogen sulfide.. (H2S) And I read that this is toxic.. Can some liter (9) with H2S be toxic for the geckos? I had no geckos in those tanks with the earth.
Can I just clean the tanks with water, or do I have to desinfiscate it or something like this?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Tim Heller

BeitragVerfasst: 26.03.2014, 08:33 

Hallo Tim,

am besten stäubst Du die Futtertiere mit Korvimin ZVT ein (da ist das Vitamin A recht hoch dosiert drin).
Wahlweise kann man auch die Futtertiere eine Zeit lang nur mit Karotten/Karottensaft als Flüssigkeitsquelle versorgen und dann kleich mit orangen Bauch verfüttern ;) ...

LG
Sacha

BeitragVerfasst: 26.03.2014, 20:20 
Hallo Sacha,

Ich hab i.M nur Herpetal T complete, mit denen ich alles einstaeube.. Geht das auch, oder soll ich doch Korvimin nehmen?
Das mit den Beta-Carotine an Heimchen zu verfuettern ist genial!

Gruesse,
Tim Heller

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde