DAS ZWERGGECKO-FORUM

Das Forum für alle Arten, die nicht nur klein sind, sondern oft auch noch zu kurz kommen
Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 10:21

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 11 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 28.09.2012, 08:52 

I currently keep both, Lygodactylus, Gonatodes and Sphaerodatylus species, and now find that I need a more stable incubation strategy for the eggs.

So I'm wondering what type of incubators people use (if you use electrical ones), and if there is some good alternatives out there for small eggs?

I see that I need at least two different temperatures to hatch out the different species and sexes, so either several small incubators, or a larger with two temperature sones is what I'm looking for.

Cheers,
Martin

BeitragVerfasst: 28.09.2012, 12:09 

Hi Martin,

I am using two incubators of these: http://www.amazon.de/Lucky-Reptile-Herp-Nursery-Inkubator/dp/B002NFR0HQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348830036&sr=8-1
Before I bought them I had a "Kunstglucke" (Jaeger). Both is working, but the new incubatores are even able to cool, which is cool ;)
Especially in the summer time I need an incubator that is able to cool down too. The herp nursery incubators are not the best, because they are not very exact depending the temperature regulation. On the other hand: it's working, because the eggs of the geckos we keep are not that sensitive. I have good results with them and I am happy to have incubators which cool the temperature down when it's to high in summer time.

Hope that helps
regards
Sacha

BeitragVerfasst: 28.09.2012, 15:37 

Hello!

Thank you very much! I've considered these, and they might be the best option, for the reasons mentioned, but as I'll need at least two of these then, it takes up a lut of space...

I was hoping someone might know of a cooler wine-cooler like these:

Bild

that could hold up to 27-27C...?

Cheers,
Martin

BeitragVerfasst: 29.09.2012, 08:16 

I am also using the Herp Nursery II. Personally I like it (as Sacha pointed out it can be inaccurate temperature wise, but only by 1-2 degrees) but i have not used an incubator in ages. I just collect the eggs and put them in to small containers in the terrarium behind me or in our living room.

Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache, seid bitte nett! : P

BeitragVerfasst: 29.09.2012, 10:26 
hexentanz hat geschrieben:
I just collect the eggs and put them in to small containers in the terrarium behind me or in our living room.

That's what I do - but I put them in my bathroom :D

BeitragVerfasst: 29.09.2012, 20:20 

Jensli hat geschrieben:
hexentanz hat geschrieben:
I just collect the eggs and put them in to small containers in the terrarium behind me or in our living room.

That's what I do - but I put them in my bathroom :D

Hrm...this gives me an idea! :idea:

Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache, seid bitte nett! : P

BeitragVerfasst: 29.09.2012, 23:29 

Yupp!

That's my current strategy also, but as I need around 22C for the williamsi females to hatch out, and others prefer 27C then I need a lot of different room temperatures... And the terrariums themsselves are suposed to be eye-candy, so keeping boxed eggs in there is not optimal ;)

Guess I'll consider a Herp nursery then, and keep the williamsi eggs in a colder place, or vice versa :)

Thanks!

Bild

Cheers,
Martin

BeitragVerfasst: 30.09.2012, 07:23 
Administrator

Hello Martin,

what a fantastic picture! :o I see you use the Nikon D5100. Is the lens the Sigma 150mm f2,8 apo macro?

regards,
Peter

BeitragVerfasst: 30.09.2012, 17:08 

mergus hat geschrieben:
Hello Martin,

what a fantastic picture! :o I see you use the Nikon D5100. Is the lens the Sigma 150mm f2,8 apo macro?

regards,
Peter

Indeed it is. Best lens ever! :) How do you know its a D5100 by the way?

The williamsi just go nuts when I give them these large flies, so had to capture the moment ;)

Cheers,
Martin

BeitragVerfasst: 30.09.2012, 18:14 
Administrator

Malm hat geschrieben:

Indeed it is. Best lens ever! :) How do you know its a D5100 by the way?

Hello Martin,

its a kind of magic. I can read the exif-data. :o

Malm hat geschrieben:
The williamsi just go nuts when I give them these large flies, so had to capture the moment ;)

Oh yes, most of my geckos love this flies too.

Best wish from Magic-Peter

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 11 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde